Dried Acrylic Caulk - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 510

dried acrylic caulk

hi all,
wondering what, if anything, I can do about the haze or skin over that is appearing on the azek i've used on my screen porch project. some of the gaps against the siding are wider than I would have liked, so I've been working with more caulk than I'd prefer to. I have used some caulk saver to fill in some of the spots prior to caulking. As always, thanks for taking a look

joe
joetab24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Military Mom of 4

Rewards Points: 500

haze or skin over?

That looks like water related staining. Not from being doused in lots of water - but from leeching of sediments and mineral from the water.

I wouldn't try to caulk it over unless you know what's caused this initial discoloration - it might need some other attention (or not - if it's just residue leftover from something else).

Regardless: caulking - if applied with a shaped spatula of sorts - can be minimal and *just enough* to do the job. IT doesn't have to be globbed on in heaps like most people tend to do.
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 510

hi snav,

i think you are looking at the rusted tack that somebody stuck in the siding. keep forgetting to pull that out.
joetab24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 180

Paint it or live with it are about your only options Joe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement