Budgets - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 144

Budgets

I am a pro contractor as many on this forum are.I try to help people out with their problems but I get tired of hearing things like:
We are on a budget
Money is tight
We don't have much to spend
This is why we are DIY'ers.And some just enjoy it .I understand and appreciate that.
My problem is the above.
"I need to put on a room addition but money is tight"OK,How much do you want to spend?Are you putting on a room addition in your $330k house or a $45K house for your children to live in?
We would like to put in granite countertops but can't afford it"
Are you just cheap and don't want to put granite in your new $550k home or are you living in a $100k home ,spent all of your money on the house and can't afford to upgrade?
We would like new solid wood floors but can't afford it.Are you replacing floors in a new home worth XXX$ or are you replacing floors in a home nworth X amount?
Just trying to make a point here.I am trying to help you out not matter what your house is worth but the budget does matter and nobody ever posts the budget.That is the determining factor.
I,or we on this board can give all kinds of suggestions but witout some kind of clue of the budget it's pretty much useless when we hear"money is tight","what is the cheapest" ,and so forth.
Even on the DIYH shows they at least know the budget.
Sorry for the rant .Just hoping it may help.
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mako1 For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (01-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 286

I'm so broke I can't pay attention. But I"ll tell you,I went through the same thing,for over 30 years in the auto body business. Never had anybody say "I have plenty of money so lets do this right." Dealing with insurance companies was the lesser of two evils.
flhtcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement