Ashley Furniture - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ashley Furniture

Hey does any one know how well Ashley furniture holds up? I have 10 kids and so i need something that can really take a beating and still be ok.
stevejax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

the mysterious disappearing link....

DM

Last edited by DangerMouse; 11-19-2009 at 06:08 PM.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #3

why would you say this is spam? All i did was ask a question. I guess you can think that but if anyone else has a real reply that would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 5,348

With 10 kids, I would stay with items that are welded.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #5

Thanks Ron, do you happen to know of any companies that do that?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
Man of many hats

Rewards Points: 354

Funny you should ask... I have to leather couches from Ashley. They are 4 years old and though the leather has held up well, the cushion support seems to be weak. I have no children, and I only weigh 155, but they are beginning sag when you sit on it. One of my tasks for today is to remove the dust cover from the bottom and try to bolster it up. Ashley is good if you dont plan to keep it for a long period, and with 10 kids that probably isn't an option anyway.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
transmitterrecieverpntgun

Rewards Points: 75

Just curious.. Is Ashley Home Furnishings Stores and Ashley brand furniture the same? Because they are a high end store. If you have 10 kids I would suggest Walmart for Sauder desks, beanbag chairs and a pack of trogans.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=34462
http://ashley-furniture.pissedconsum...225113937.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/furnitur...ther-4e3w4.htm
http://dir.abroadeducation.com.np/Ch...ley_Furniture/
as anyone who can google will see, it doesn't seem to have rave reviews, hence i still say....

DM
Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,002

Ashley furniture is marketed towards young two-somes. its not built to withstand kids.

with 10 kids, i'd just buy the walmart special and then replace it ever year until your kids are older.

Knucklez
Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #10

I just bought a wooden kitchen table and not a month in my home and already a nasty scratch from laying a pizza box on the table...I am guessing the staple used to hold the freaking flyer was the culprit. I lost some respect for the quality of the finish but since it is not a wood scratch it just scratched the finish which is enough for me cause its pretty darn visible. Just be careful what you buy and dont go off your gut feeling truly pull on it and tug on whatever you want to buy just make sure its good. Not sure if there is a harlem furniture around you but many here in the chicago area and I have sofa couches that are 8 years old without a tear and I have a dog and a hyper active 7 year old and a 10 year old so they have good stuff,,,mom has alwways bought her stuff there too and I beat on all of it and still there today.

Last edited by mrpep; 11-22-2009 at 09:39 PM.
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #11
Home Performance

Rewards Points: 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by utilitylocator View Post
Just curious.. Is Ashley Home Furnishings Stores and Ashley brand furniture the same? Because they are a high end store. If you have 10 kids I would suggest Walmart for Sauder desks, beanbag chairs and a pack of trogans.
???? That's like calling Miller Lite a high end beer.... Ashley furniture in my opinion is neither low-end or high-end in regards to quality or price. It is just okay, looks nice, and gets the job done for a while.
HomeSealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
transmitterrecieverpntgun

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSealed View Post
???? That's like calling Miller Lite a high end beer.... Ashley furniture in my opinion is neither low-end or high-end in regards to quality or price. It is just okay, looks nice, and gets the job done for a while.

The store in Anchorage Alaska "Ashley home furnishings" is a high end furniture store... One of the more expensive stores in town. My question was if the product on the shelf was as nice as theyre showroom, fancy parking and lighting, commercials and grand apearance? I was wondering if they were affiliated with Ashley furniture or if the owner's name was Ashley?!?!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #13

we always thought that ashly was high end but its not its decent stufff and thats all it is. I f you want high end go to walter smith I walked in one and ran out..
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement