Any Camp Chef Enthusiasts? - Cook It Yourself - Page 2 - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Cook It Yourself

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 02-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Haven’t tried but I’m up to try anything.
I think next weekend we are smoking crispy chicken drumsticks with buffalo sauce.
Been craving brisket too, haven’t done one in a while.
So much to cook, so little time.
BigJim and Nik333 like this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2020, 12:13 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Northern California
Posts: 12,785
Rewards Points: 1,582
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck View Post
Haven’t tried but I’m up to try anything.
I think next weekend we are smoking crispy chicken drumsticks with buffalo sauce.
Been craving brisket too, haven’t done one in a while.
So much to cook, so little time.

Can you explain? Do you make crispy chicken then smoke it?
Nik333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2020, 02:34 AM   #18
Member
 
Contra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 86
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Dang I am hungry now...lol
Contra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik333 View Post
Can you explain? Do you make crispy chicken then smoke it?
Take the raw chicken drumsticks and shake them in baking powder. I think it’s 5 lbs of drumsticks to 2-1/2 tablespoons of baking powder. Put them both in a plastic bag, seal, then shake till coated.
Low smoke for half an hour then crank up the smoker to 425 till the chicken is around 175° internal temperature.
Remove and coat in your preferred sauce.
The baking powder will crisp the skin nicely without frying or cooking in any other manner.
Nik333 likes this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:50 AM   #20
Ole Wood Worker

 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 13,149
Rewards Points: 612
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck View Post
Take the raw chicken drumsticks and shake them in baking powder. I think it’s 5 lbs of drumsticks to 2-1/2 tablespoons of baking powder. Put them both in a plastic bag, seal, then shake till coated.
Low smoke for half an hour then crank up the smoker to 425 till the chicken is around 175° internal temperature.
Remove and coat in your preferred sauce.
The baking powder will crisp the skin nicely without frying or cooking in any other manner.
That is just too cool, thanks for the heads up, I will give this a try. Thanks.
Does the baking powder make the chicken taste funny?
Nik333 likes this.
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/forum.php

Jim

Last edited by BigJim; 02-10-2020 at 11:53 AM.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Doesn’t add or take away any flavor IMO.
I usually add about a teaspoon of salt to the baking powder before I throw the chicken in.
I usually use sweet baby rays buffalo sauce with a little melted butter added in.
BigJim likes this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:03 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Top sirloin steaks just went on. Doing a 2 hour smoke then reverse searing to finish. Maybe top with some garlic butter.
Photos to come........
BigJim likes this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Turned out very tasty. Also fixed some dusted chicken fingers from some scraps we had from trimming yesterday. Cooked them at 350° in the smoker then shook with some bbq and buffalo sauce.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?-1379e14c-e7aa-4161-a41b-f35f92850b00.jpg  
BigJim and Two Knots like this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #24
Ole Wood Worker

 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 13,149
Rewards Points: 612
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck View Post
Turned out very tasty. Also fixed some dusted chicken fingers from some scraps we had from trimming yesterday. Cooked them at 350° in the smoker then shook with some bbq and buffalo sauce.
Beautiful.....
__________________
New members: Please consider adding your location to your profile.

Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/forum.php

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:07 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,307
Rewards Points: 3,626
Default

Re: Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?


Smoked chickens this Sunday, one with Montreal rub and the other with a sweet cherry rub. Smoked 2 hours at 225° then another hour and a half at 350° on the smoker. Pulled at 180° IT.
Not pictured was the green bean casserole and baked/sweet potatoes that also cooked on the smoker.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Camp Chef enthusiasts?-5c0d520c-7514-4a77-9e4a-b5eb9813524a.jpg  
BigJim, Two Knots and Nik333 like this.
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts