Weathered Plywood - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
I have gas!

Rewards Points: 1,896

weathered plywood

Building a roof over my new deck.
While I was framing the roof I through down some plywood to work off of and use as temporary decking.
That was about 7-8 weeks ago. Now I'm down to needing the last two sheets and wondering if this plywood is still usable. It has a mostly gray color to it now on one side. Would ~2 months of rain and sun degrade the plywood enough so that it cannot be used?
TIA
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
I have gas!

Rewards Points: 1,896

It looks like it is definitely usable... I came across this:
Plywood exposed for more than 21 yr to continuous weathering and use as the roof decking of portable hog houses was found to have strength properties comparable to those expected in new plywood. Tests of 10 panels in flexure, rolling shear, and shear-through-the-thickness, conducted according to ASTM standards, showed the weathered plywood to have structural properties sufficient to justify use of the currently published design stresses. Comparison of bending properties of specimens with weathered face ply intact with specimens in which the weathered face ply had been removed suggested no significant degradation due to weathering.
Advertisement