Wall Creaking Popping When Walking On Floor - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

Wall Creaking Popping when walking on Floor

Our house was built in 1988 and we have a rlly bad creak and pop under hallway wall that connects to our baby's room I'm trying to fix I originally used breakaway screws through carpets into joists but didn't help with this area when stepping in the room or hall there's loud creaking popping but it's coming from wall area wondering best ways to fix this without tearing up the sheetrock and trim I've read it could be the wood has dried and nails are rubbing when wall and floor flexes I've also read to try putting screws from floor sheathing to sill plate just don't know how to do that sorry new to this stuff any help advice is greatly appreciated I can access all joists and subfloor from below in garage
JAAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 84

Re: Wall Creaking Popping when walking on Floor

Have you tried having someone in the garage area while someone walks around the hallway area, to try and narrow down the noise area?

Also if you can see the floor joists of your living area from the garage area, you will need to ensure there is no air entering the living area from the garage and then you will need a fire guard installed between the two areas.
daveb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement