Veranda Brand Composite Decking - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 786

Veranda brand composite decking

Local Home Depot ad is advertising Veranda brand composite 5/4 deck boards at $1.65 lin ft. which is an attractive price . I also know some things are too good to be true I searched online for reviews and they ranged from it's total garbage to it's the greatest thing since sliced bread . So have any of you used Veranda brand decking ? I need about 900 s.f. of decking to replace the wood that is currently there , unfortunately previous owners let it go too long without staining and a lot of it needs to be replaced .

Composite " sounds " like the way to go but when you start reading reviews and look into the fine print of the warranties it makes me cautious . At our previous house there was Trex decking already in place and it was showing signs of breaking down from UV exposure . But that deck was probably 10 years old and I " think " the manufacturers have gotten smarter on their recipes for composite ?
Porsche986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,100

Re: Veranda brand composite decking

Keep in mind that a lot of negative reviews on the internet (just in general, not specific to this product) are from people who used the product in an unapproved manner.
huesmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 786

Re: Veranda brand composite decking

Yesterday I went to HD and looked at the Veranda and Fiberon brands they have in stock . Both are only coated on three sides leaving the bottom side exposed to moisture . I'm assuming that is part of the reason for the lower price . I asked the proclaimed lumber expert what he thought about both brands , he stated he would not purchase either one specifically because of not being sealed on the bottom . So my search will continue for a composite that is sealed on all four sides .
Porsche986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement