Thinking Of Inproving My Kitchen.... - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

thinking of inproving my kitchen....

Thinking of making kitchen renovations. Replace the existing cabinets with new one in the same location. Replacing all appliances with more enery efficient ones, putting those also in the same place and the same with new flooring. Doesn't sound that hard, so because to my eye it doesn't sound hard, I thought I would ask the obvious question, where how/do I start?
Jabar714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Well I guess I will be the first sucker on this general of a question. I would start with a design plan. First you need to figure out what you want and where you want it to go. After that we will see.
warnerww is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 04:32 AM   #3

Wink

No.... need to be a sucker, after I checked my spelling. Nonetheless, I know what I want, as far as, appliances and I know where they are going, "in the same location". I guess what I was looking for was steps towards getting it done. I.e. 1. Cut power off, I know that much, 2. pull old appliances, 3.. pull old cabinets (sink), 4. pull out old dry wall, 5, pull out old floor. then simply reverse everything. Hence, "doesn't sound that hard"; however, things that seem easy, I know usually aren't. I was just trying to ask the question(s), that I am not thinking of asking myself. Know what I mean....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 124

I read your post in Electrical.Could be your kitchen wiring might need a serious upgrade.
daveb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 250

Not hard, but likely more time consuming than you imagine. There will invariably be some issues/unexpected findings that crop up.
Mike in Arkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #6

mixer cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabar714 View Post
Thinking of making kitchen renovations. Replace the existing cabinets with new one in the same location. Replacing all appliances with more enery efficient ones, putting those also in the same place and the same with new flooring. Doesn't sound that hard, so because to my eye it doesn't sound hard, I thought I would ask the obvious question, where how/do I start?

besure to add a cabinet mixer cabinet, it puts the mixer out of site and makes the counter look nice, it folds down in to the cabinet, we redid ours a few years ago and the best money we ever spent. but measure and draw and measure and draw and look oh look ...
rod altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 5,348

This is the most expensive room in the house to remodel. Good cabinets are not cheap. If you've never hung a cabinet, I'd suggest you get someone to help you who has.
All this same location chatter makes no mention of plumbing and electrical updates. Putting new cabinets in an old kitchen is foolish and dangerous.
Sit down with someone who knows what they're doing to discuss the plan. Preferably after an onsite inspection of your situation.
There are so many ways to screw this up. you can't imagine.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron6519 For This Useful Post:
Jabar714 (12-21-2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #8

Cabinet mixer cabinets..... never heard of this will look it up. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement