Storm Door Handle Choices? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Storm Door Handle Choices?

The original storm door on our front entry is in need of replacement. My wife and I have started researching what is available have discovered that it seems that the only inside handle offered is one of those 4-5" lever types. Having torn several articles of clothing over the years on handles of this style, I detest them and am looking for an alternative.

Can anyone point me towards a manufacturer that offers a regular knob for the inside handle (or some other design that won't snag pockets and folds of fabric)? Any idea as to why it seems that the entire industry has standardized on a design destined to destroy clothing?

Thanks!
Jeff
jlc791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 232

I think it may have to do with compliance with Americans With Disabilities Act?
bob22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement