Stair Height And Landings - Basement Finish - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RetroActv

Old 01-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 78

Stair Height and Landings - Basement Finish

My stairs going from the main level to the basement has two landings before it reaches the basement. The stair height on the last group of stairs coming from the 2nd landing is within code, all at about 7.25". It's three total stairs before it hits the basement floor.

However, when I add either Dricore or Amdry sub-flooring (haven't decided yet...), that will change and I believe need to be accounted for since I'll be raising the basement floor height between 1" and 2".

My plan is to build new stringers to account for the additional sub-floor height, to keep them within 3/8" per code. I'm guessing the stair height is going to be about 7" for the bottom three stairs landing in the basement, sub-floor included. However, the height on the first two flights of stairs is about 7.5" - 7.75".

Because these last three stairs come off a landing, is it OK that the height differs from the first two sets of stairs by more than 3/8"? Since they come off their own landing, can they be treated separately than the other 10-12 stairs in the stairway?
RetroActv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 78

Re: Stair Height and Landings - Basement Finish

Disregard, looks like I found my answer. A change at a landing allows for changing the stair height on that flight of stairs, versus needing to change the whole stairway. Thanks.
BigJim likes this.
RetroActv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement