Sources For Quality Vinyl Replacement Windows? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sources for quality vinyl replacement windows?

Hi guys,

I've got a number of very drafty cheapo wooden windows in my fifteen year old home that I need to replace. I've checked HD and Lowes and just wanted to see if there were other options out there with reasonable pricing before I moved forward.

I'd sure appreciate any suggestions.

Dan
Blorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #2

I have replace most of mine and did a lot of research and found the Simonton contractor line to be the best bang for the buck...you can buy these from a contractor supply house. I live in NJ and we have a company
called Bradco that supplies these at a very good price...about 250 each for a really good sized low e window .
echelonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorton View Post
Hi guys,

I've got a number of very drafty cheapo wooden windows in my fifteen year old home that I need to replace. I've checked HD and Lowes and just wanted to see if there were other options out there with reasonable pricing before I moved forward.

I'd sure appreciate any suggestions.

Dan

Where do you live?
paul100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #4

Oops, I need to fill that out. I'm in the Atlanta area.
Blorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,016

I have replaced over time all the windows in our present house with Milgard brand windows, after checking out various brands. Decently priced and good value/quality.

I buy them from a local builders supply.
Have used http://www.1stwindows.com/ for exploring options.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

I know the Anderson at least give the appearance that they are top of the line and some of the best windows around.

In my experience Milguard has been one good company for me.

A lot of my family memebers have been getting the Tuscany installed, at least here in California. They have a lifetime warranty against just about everything and a 10 year transferable warranty.

They also say there low-e and other stuff is better then most.

I know my girl friends parents replaced some crappy aluminum windows installed in the early 90's last spring and saved a ton of money in there air conditioner bill over the summer and this winter has been a lot better too.

Heard some interesting/negative comments about Weatherguard - I think they are called out if WI. Personally never worked or lived with them.

In my town house we have Cascade they have been nice, supposbly a mid grade type window.

Would reccomend not matter what go low-e
canyonbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement