Should A Weep Screed By Encased In Stucco? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:51 PM  

Rewards Points: 10

Should a weep screed by encased in stucco?

I have a wet and dry half to my house. The front is dry. The back is wet. I have stucco damage at the bottom of the wall on the wet side that I'm about to patch. I noticed that there's about an inch of stucco below the weep screed. Where the stucco is damaged, much of this has fallen off exposing the rusty weep screed. I checked online for pictures of weep screeds and noticed that all of them are exposed. They aren't encased in stucco. I check the dry half of the house where the stucco isn't damage and I can't see the weep screed at all since it's encased in stucco. Should I match that with my repair or leave the weep screed exposed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement