Seal Coating AFTER Cold Patch Repair? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Msradell

Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 82

Seal Coating AFTER Cold Patch Repair?

Hello everyone,

I am currently doing a 'live in' flip where I'm almost done and ready to put it on the market. One of the last projects I have is my driveway. The garage concrete slab is about 2-3 inches higher than the settling asphalt apron.

My plan is to diamond cut out about 2 ft back and fill it with cold patch or possibly hot mix if I can get my hands on some. My only concern is curb appeal; if I coat the patch, will it still be very noticeable? How about if I seal it two times in that one spot? Any sealers super black compared to others?

The other option is just to leave it as is and pray no one sees it as a huge issue for the time being. Rest of the house is extremely updated now.

Thanks for your time,
Ryan
rbiankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 10:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 980

Re: Seal Coating AFTER Cold Patch Repair?

It's always going to be very noticeable. If you make your cut very square in the entire patch is square and symmetrical it won't look bad however. It really depends on how noticeable it is to prospective buyers. Your best bet me just be to leave it and fix it if somebody puts that as a contingency on their purchase offer.
craig11152 likes this.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4,456

Re: Seal Coating AFTER Cold Patch Repair?

From the sound of it, even hot mix wouldn't work very well, let alone a cold patch. I think I'd leave it alone as well.
stick\shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
asphalt , cold patch , driveway , sealer