New Monolithic Slab For Ranch House - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

New Monolithic slab for ranch house

Things to do before I die...Build a house with my bare hands!

So I found 10 acres of land to finance and now have the land...its mine! Now what?

I've been doing lots of research, reading and phone calls from building codes and permits to excavating and form work. And I have reached a point were I did a materials list comparison and determined a poured concrete foundation will be most economical for this "large" project as oppose to a post and beam foundation. I am 23 years old, and decided I have enough time & energy on my hands to do the trench digging and formwork myself. The site prep work I can do "i think" but am unsure if a single guy can manage the screeding, floating, edging, and finishing of 960sq monolithic slab on grade...

Could I do this alone with a bull float or should I tell the company that pours the concrete to help me with setting the concrete?
ops6047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

that company normally does not do this work. You cannot do it alone. Need about a four man crew.
The concrete will set too quickly for one man to spread, level and float.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement