Need Help??? Newly Poured Concrete Around Pool Is Too Rough! - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need Help??? Newly poured concrete around pool is too rough!

We just had a inground pool installed. The concrete around the pool was poured on Wed. They did a broom finish but it's ROUGH!!! What can we use to make it less rough? It hurts my bare feet to walk on it! I know that it can't be too smooth or people will slip & fall, but it's way too ROUGH? Anyone have any suggestions? They are not going to come back and fix it either which is the upsetting part because they are non-americans who work for the pool company.

Last edited by Ms TAB; 09-24-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Ms TAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

There are machines that can reduce the roughness. You would need to call in a concrete guy to do the job.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,412

You're not going to like this answer, but it's a proven one. I've seen this too many times. You can take a regular concrete block, cinder block in some areas, tie a heavy cord/rope to it, and pull it around the new deck area to help smooth this roughness out. If you don't like this method, there are hand held blocks, lava blocks, which you have to get on your knees to use to do this-NOT for me. Then there are power trowels which you can attach stones to for this. Expensive, and not for a DIY. So, use the concrete block and every time you walk one way or the other, pick up the rope and pull the block. You don't have to do this all in one day. The bottom line on this: What was agreed to between YOU and the POOL CO. ?
Good Luck, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 3,622

since you haven't paid for unacceptable work, my guess's they'll be back
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 506

you could try a garage floor paint, but that would probably be too slick.
forresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 708

grinder and a cup stone
for example: http://ww28.quickb.info/united-abras...up-stone-26001
Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,188

I'd use the stone grinder first, as suggested above. I BELIEVE that there are anti-slip paints made for concrete, just like Durabak (sp?) and others that make anti-slip for boats, etc. The stuff is very thick and would help bury any burrs left after grinding. Note: Grinding concrete is hard, hard work, and very slow.
jklingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement