How To Align Corner Molding - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 79

How to align corner molding

I hope I can explain this situation in words so I can get some advice on it -- here goes!

I'm building a shed. One of the side will have an alcove for storing firewood. The wall will be 9 feet wide and 8 feet tall. The siding on the bottom 5 feet of the wall will come in about 8 inches on each side, then turn back into the alcove for 2 feet. From about the 5 foot mark up, the siding will be full 9 foot sections.

The outside corner molding is designed to have the siding fit behind it. If I do that and just cut it off at the 5 foot mark, water running down the upper siding will just run down inside the corner molding. My first thought was to just notch the top and force it behind the upper siding. What is the proper way to do this? Can you point me to any on line graphics that show what to do?

Thanks in advance

Papa Geek
papageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement