Help Me Choose A Brand Name - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help me choose a brand name

I'm looking to buy an impact drill, cordless. Which is better: Dewalt, Milwaukee, or Bosch.
Doreow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 10,026

Your going to get many different opinions......

All of those are good brands.....I would buy the one on sale or who's battery is the same as any of your current batch of cordless tools.

Key point here.....what every brand you decide on....try to stick with it so that you can use the rechargable batteris on all the tools.

Nothing worse than having 5 cordless tools that use 5 different batteries and 5 different chargers.

I have Ryobi....They have held up fine.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 358

I have Ridged (Home Depot Brand) and it has a lifetime warranty even on the battery.

It has never let me down and the Lithium Ion battery last forever and only takes about 10 minutes to fully charge..

The only thing I dont like is even though there is a battery indicator, you do not know when the battery is going low, there is no power reduction what so ever, so you can be in the middle of drilling and it just stops and the battery indicator starts flashing, I wish it would go into a reduced power mode just so I could finish what I was doing..
cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

finding an impact drill

Thanks to all. Your help is much appreciated.
Doreow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 169

good to know. I didn't know they had a lifetime warranty on batteries. I've replaced all my 19.2 batteries on my Porter Cable stuff. Soo expensive.

I think I'll go the lifetime way next time.

Oh, if you get multiple batteries I'd suggest numbering them maybe with a sharpie.
bigcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post

only takes about 10 minutes to fully charge..
That's fantastic! My Bosch takes about an hour to fully charge, so I have to have two batteries on the go.
tony.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Haverhill Trade 1965

Rewards Points: 500

I have to look into that lifetime too. I often wonder who's lifetime, mine or the items. I always suspect that when an item dies after 3 months they will say "Oh well, too bad, that was its expected lifetime. These days I have seen what looks like fine print, for the fine print.
Duckweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement