Help Identify Roofing Material - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

Help identify roofing material

We are building a sun room and have found a picture of the exact roofing material we'd like to use but have no idea what it is called or where to procure it. It's appears to be a flat polycarbonate roofing material, which is going to be a lot easier to tie into the existing roofing coming off the house. One of the reasons we are trying to find it. Another is the wife loves the look of it.

Can anyone give us any leads?

And a picture of my help fresh off of pouring the curb footing:

SRSeedBurners is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 110

Re: Help identify roofing material

Polycarbonate (Lexan) panels. I just purchased 4' x 6' panels (also comes in 4x8s) from Home Depot for Hurricane shutters.
Mechanical fasteners to studs or masonary can use roofing screws. Should have EPDM washers under screw heads.
They were special order items and took about 10 days to arrive. Cut with circular saw with plywood blade, close ends with ducting tape.
I don't know what predicted life will be (UV & IR exposure defines usable life) but since we only have them up when storm threaten it's not a big thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ChuckTin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckTin For This Useful Post:
SRSeedBurners (09-29-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Rewards Points: 30,544

Re: Help identify roofing material

try polycarbonate greenhouse glass.
joed is online now   Reply With Quote