Door Rubbing Only In Winter - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 726

Door rubbing only in winter

I have a door going into my one room that has the one top corner rubbing... it was not doing this in the summer or fall but the colder it got the worse it got... what would cause this? its like the frame sagged on one end... but on this same wall there is a nother door going into another room just 2 ft away and it is not showing any signs of this happening... directly above this room is unfinished space and it is cold up there right now... there is a layer of blowin in loose fill insulation could the cold of cause the wall to bow to the point the top rubs now on the door? any ways to fix this? since its ok in the summer i dont want to sand that much and have a larger gap in the summer... thanks!
BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Could the frost be working on your foundation?
Advertisement