Does Anyone Have Any Experiance With Fiberglass Windows - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Does anyone have any experiance with fiberglass windows

We are going to be replacing our windows. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on brands. I got a price for the Pella fiberglass it was a bit higher than the vinyl. The fiberglass windows sound great to me. Am I just mesmerized with their marketing or are they really great windows?
magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
We are going to be replacing our windows. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on brands. I got a price for the Pella fiberglass it was a bit higher than the vinyl. The fiberglass windows sound great to me. Am I just mesmerized with their marketing or are they really great windows?

What...are you kidding....I recommend Marvin Infinity first as a replacement window which was consumer reports best buy the Andersen Woodwright Insert Windows are compareable...Pella has horrible service, if did buy their windows good luck if you ever need service because their will not be any. Yes the Pella fiberglass windows are heavy, good luck because you get what you pay for...not the best
EMILY P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Fiberglass windows have been around for a while now. They are typically higher in price than that of vinyl. This is partly due to the process that is required to make the various rails and stiles. Their structural properties are very good also. One thing that I did not like about the product is that the master frame and sash corner construction is an epoxy weld(glue) as opposed to a fusion weld on the vinyl products. Keep in mind that there are still mechanical(screw applied) corner conection in viyl products available. These rely on the sealant joint to keep the elements out of the home. You may want to consider vinyl as an alternative. Plenty of dealers out there that can help you out.
I hope that this helps.
fenestrationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement