Concrete Gone Bad - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

concrete gone bad

all right, i laid a patio a few days ago and i did the worst job i ever have on concrete. my problem started when instead of renting the concrete mixer and having at my house as needed i had a company come out and deliver. but the guy basically helped to fill in the patio with loads of concrete and then leave. i set some stones before i poured the concrete and forgot to mask them off so they didnt get covered. now half my patio is alright looking but the other half is well, "blah". i resent it every time i look at it. i cant cover it with another coat because then the stones will be lower than the concrete itself. i dont mind exposed aggregate. so i think i will have to sand it down. now i dont want to polish it. its a patio. so does anyone out there have any recommendations on what i can do to make the concrete level with the brick and still look great but not slippery. please help.
zeroace1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroace1980 View Post
all right, i laid a patio a few days ago and i did the worst job i ever have on concrete. my problem started when instead of renting the concrete mixer and having at my house as needed i had a company come out and deliver. but the guy basically helped to fill in the patio with loads of concrete and then leave. i set some stones before i poured the concrete and forgot to mask them off so they didnt get covered. now half my patio is alright looking but the other half is well, "blah". i resent it every time i look at it. i cant cover it with another coat because then the stones will be lower than the concrete itself. i dont mind exposed aggregate. so i think i will have to sand it down. now i dont want to polish it. its a patio. so does anyone out there have any recommendations on what i can do to make the concrete level with the brick and still look great but not slippery. please help.
Post photos of the area.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

sorry

unfortunately i dont have time right now to take photos and upload them onto the web. i work two jobs. the best i can do is with my phone. thats another reason its been a few days since i can check this. but i will see what i can do about uploading some photos tomorrow. i will take some today. and fool around with it tomorrow.(sunday19th)
zeroace1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Dorf dude...

Rewards Points: 1,204

Use a needle scaler and clean them up. I tried paste a pic of one but didn't work. Google it. dorf dude...
Advertisement