Closing Up Doggie Door In Stucco - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Closing up doggie door in stucco

Hello all,

The previous homeowners had a doggie door installed from the outside into the garage. I would like to patch this up. I've been researching but I would like to know if I'm doing it right. I have questions between certain steps.

1. Remove the doggie door.
2. Chip away at the stucco perimeter to expose more building paper.
3. Add 60 minute building paper UNDER the existing paper.
Question: How do I attach new building paper to existing paper? Caulk? Stucco tape?
4. Add lath after securing building paper. I will use a few layers of chicken wire for this. I will be securing by simply "twisting it to the existing" lath.
5. Mix stucco and apply base coat (three layers).
6. Wait 24-48 hours, and then attempt to texture.
Question: Any particular type of stucco to use for the texture portion or is it dependent on the existing texture?
7. Paint as needed.

Thank you in advance.
Chris
chrisngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement