Choosing Correct Bolts To Fix To Brick - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2019, 02:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

choosing correct bolts to fix to brick

hi all first time posting just want to say hello to all on here
i have a few things i would like a bit off advice on, i have just built a 4mtr x 3.4mtr wooden gazebo roof and wanted to know what the best fixing are to bolt it to brickwork i also intend to first fix a piece of 50x50 agle iron to the wall first to help support the roof as well so would like to know whats the best fixing for that as well

don
dj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Hammered Thumb

Rewards Points: 950

Re: choosing correct bolts to fix to brick

Hello there Don, maybe post a picture of what you're doing. Under "Go Advanced" reply you can attach, rather than insert link to (which requires min# of posts) an image on your 2nd post, I think.

If you are building a 13'x11' attached porch, pergola, or portico roof then the existing wall structure, your location, and more details on the wooden structure would be helpful. Usually you don't want to use a veneer brick for support of a roof, and a 2" leg of the angle might limit your attaching and bearing methods.
3onthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement