Any Reviews On Hurd Windows? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Any reviews on Hurd windows?

I know Hurd recently went through chapter 11 bankruptcy and was purchased by a holding company. Has anyone had any experience with their product since this happened last year? How is the quality of the windows or their customer service?
wylde8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #2

Just my own personal opinion, I won't use them. The reason is because I beleive it was back in the building boom day's in the late 70's and early 80's, alot of what I call sub-division builder's used hurd. They were called builder's windows. In other words cheap for them to use. Over the years I've removed at least 100 if not more hurd windows. Always the same, rotting out.

I look at companies for there quality from when they went into business. Personally, there morales of selling garbage takes them off my list. As far as I'm concerned, they were ripping off the homeowner.

Don't know about there windows now, but I won't use them. There's plenty of window companies out there. Just do your research.

Hope this helps.
fulline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #3

I am a Law Clerk/Summer Associate at a Law Firm in PA & a Law Student... [Here's the Juicy Part]... The window company mentioned in this thread (I am treading carefully w my words by not using the name expressly) has been a party to litigation in re- Products Liability, Negligence, etc and in fact letters btwn them and a builder named Bentley are being used in a current case we are preping for trial where EVERY window in the house leaked after about 4 years from the date the house was built. Bentley and *this window co* sued one another (Bentley sued H-Windows & Doors [Strict Products Liability] and "H" Counterclaimed Bentley in Negligence [during installation]) and the Court apportioned fault 50/50 btwn the parties. These windows are a disaster.
MHNovaLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Retired Moderator

Rewards Points: 7,174

I'm with Fulline on this ---I would look elsewhere--Anderson had stood the test of time--That's what I put in my own house.( 23 years ago--All good,still.)
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 526

Sorry, never hurd of them....... When you get old you will understand...... Seriously- no. (But they don't sound good).

Be safe, Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement