Wiring A Garage - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wiring a garage

I'm going from my disconnect box with a 200 amp breaker to the garage with a 100 amp service I have ran 4 wires to hook it up am I doin this right and how should I connect these wire in to my panel I have 2 black wires,1 black wire w/ a white stripe and a green wire any ideas
khiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 308

Your question makes no sense. If the garage already has a 100 amp service then why run a feeder to it? I think the terminology is what is preventing me from understanding your question.

At the top of this page there is a search function. This subject is by far the most common subject ever. Just type in "Sub Panel" "Wire Garage" "Shed Power" ect..... There you will find a wealth of information on this subject.
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
I=E/R

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiggy View Post
I'm going from my disconnect box with a 200 amp breaker to the garage with a 100 amp service I have ran 4 wires to hook it up am I doin this right and how should I connect these wire in to my panel I have 2 black wires,1 black wire w/ a white stripe and a green wire any ideas
First question is what size wire are you running to the garage and will it be buried or is the garage connected to your house? The green wire ground tells me you will be pulling this through conduit - yes? What did you buy for wire?
I'm assuming the main panel will have the 100 amp breaker and the sub-panel will just have circuit breakers - no disconnect. Remember, at the sub-panel the neutral and equipment ground cannot be connected.

Last edited by a7ecorsair; 06-01-2010 at 07:29 AM.
a7ecorsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement