What Type Of Dimmer? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 117
Rewards Points: 81

What type of dimmer?

I am going to be putting up these track lights in a few weeks and I was wondering what type of dimmer i would need. I think I am going to need a dimmer that will work with an electronic transformer but i may be wrong. In the ad it states electronic transformer. Does Hd or Loews sell these or do i need to go to the supply house? I also know that i would only need a 300w dimmer even though i am not even close to 300w

Link- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90135702

Last edited by Chevyman30571; 04-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Chevyman30571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 81
Rewards Points: 75

Should be fine - looks like it's using an electronic transformer so you will need an "electronic low voltage" dimmer. I'd recommend going to a local supply house - any decent one should have one in stock.
brich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HALP! Master/Remote Dimmer troubles! Confuserated Electrical 9 02-12-2010 03:30 PM
Dimmer switches brokenknees Electrical 9 11-29-2009 05:59 PM
What type light bulb with dimmer switch? jerome8283 Electrical 4 11-11-2007 12:25 AM
Basic Switch wiring question; Dimmer to Toggle switch (Pictures included) inspectator Electrical 8 08-07-2007 01:19 AM
When Bulb blows, Dimmer Switch Blows mAv19 Electrical 2 05-26-2006 03:52 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts