Running Multiple Wires Thru Double Wall Plate - Alternatives? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 86

Running Multiple Wires Thru Double Wall Plate - Alternatives?

I am trying to find an alternative for drilling multiple holes in a double wall plate to run wires along (exposed) ceiling beams. What are the options?

1. Can I use LB In a place where a stud connects a top wall plate to run wires from "behind the drywall"? The holes in this case will be drilled in a drywall.

2. If drilling thru a double wall plate is the only option, is there I can enforce it? I saw a photo with a metal bracket (approx 8"-12") attached to a wall plate where it was perforated. Not sure if this is approved nor where to buy it.

3. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Jack_Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 1,284

Re: Running Multiple Wires Thru Double Wall Plate - Alternatives?

We would like to think joists are directly above the studs so there is no worry but if that isn't the case and you are worried about it just add another stud under what needs to be supported. The plates across the front is when the holes are close to the surface and you want to make sure drywall screws don't get into them.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Licensed electrician

Rewards Points: 3,678

Re: Running Multiple Wires Thru Double Wall Plate - Alternatives?

Multiple cable through a double plate should not be an issue.
Advertisement