LicensedElectrician.com A Legitimate Website? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,034

LicensedElectrician.com a Legitimate Website?

Anyone have experience with http://www.licensedelectrician.com ?
justplumducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
DIYer/PoleMonkey

Rewards Points: 262

For what purpose?
clw1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw1963 View Post
For what purpose?
Purchasing their LE-ZR-64058 Breaker ID PRO Circuit Finder Kit, otherwise known, I believe, as the CF-12 Pro Circuit Breaker Finder Kit. Best price for it I've seen so far... haven't checked shipping yet though.

Just checked. Shipping is $10.95. Company name on checkout page is Addiss Electric Supply.

Last edited by justplumducky; 06-10-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #4
Electrical Contractor

Rewards Points: 6,338

I bought smart boxes from them years ago, but that is all.
jbfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfan View Post
I bought smart boxes from them years ago, but that is all.
Ok, just wanted to make sure they're a legitimate site, thx.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 299

Pay with a credit card. If you never get the item, dispute the charge.
Syberia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Syberia For This Useful Post:
justplumducky (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberia View Post
Pay with a credit card. If you never get the item, dispute the charge.
Thx, will do.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #8
Licensed Electrical Cont.

Rewards Points: 2,006

For $10 more I'd buy it here and not have to worry about it.
http://www.amazon.com/Zircon-64057-B...dp_ob_title_hi
Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
For $10 more I'd buy it here and not have to worry about it.
http://www.amazon.com/Zircon-64057-B...dp_ob_title_hi
Thx much, will sure think about it. Also looking at ebay. Have bought many items off ebay over the years, and never been burned yet.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #10
DIYer/PoleMonkey

Rewards Points: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplumducky View Post
Thx much, will sure think about it. Also looking at ebay. Have bought many items off ebay over the years, and never been burned yet.
That item is sold by Amazon. As a frequent user of Amazon, without question I'd pay the extra money to purchase from them. Never a problem returning if something isn't up to par.
clw1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw1963 View Post
That item is sold by Amazon. As a frequent user of Amazon, without question I'd pay the extra money to purchase from them. Never a problem returning if something isn't up to par.
Yeah, I do understand. Amazon's always sends the return label, etc. with the product, for an easy, no-hassle return. Sometimes I do exactly what you're saying for peace of mind, but in this case, I'm now focusing on ebay in attempt to get it considerably cheaper, because...

...after thinking about what the PRO KIT includes, I'd be paying a lot of dough (Amazon and others at close to full retail), primarily for the case & capability to find breakers of 240v appliances (which I do need occasionally); however, the other items in the kit are offered with other brand breaker finders as accessory kits and a lot cheaper (both the basic transmitter/receiver units and the accessory kits)...

...and I could make my own 240v appliance accessory (that the other accessory kits don't have), by cutting off corded plugs of kitchen ranges and dryers (I have extra cords on hand), then stripping the wire ends after cutting and using alligator clips (connected to the transmitter) to hook up to those stripped wire ends. Hope I'm making sense. Makes sense in my own mind!

Direct wired electric water heaters, air-conditioning systems, etc., would only require alligator clips (connected to breaker finder transmitter) hooked up to the appropriate terminals on the appliance. Granted that DP 30, 40 or 50A breakers are often more quickly recognized (as to what appliance) in some panels, but not always in my experience.

Right now, most of my experience (part-time only however) is with mobile homes where all sorts of non-standard practices are found. Starting to get a few jobs now in regular homes vs. the mobiles I've been doing for a while now, and today I saw a regular home-type panel (working on their AC system) that had at least four DP 30A breakers in addition to the other DP breakers, and the entire panel had no labels.

Having said all that, I still like the Zircon Pro Kit and having the case also; just don't want to pay the higher prices for it (Amazon, LicensedElectrician.com & others .... at least until I first spend some time attempting to get it much cheaper on ebay. Lots of purchases on ebay and haven't been burned yet (I choose the Sellers carefully). I know what you're thinking... "always a first time!" . After bragging about not being burned now, this will probably be my first time, right? .

Now if Amazon were to have it on a worthwhile sale, as they sometimes do of course, different story...

Last edited by justplumducky; 06-15-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #12

Just found this article on Pro Tool Reviews about Circuit Breaker Finders.

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/...-finders/6659/

Was encouraged to see that the Zircon Professional Breaker ID Pro was labeled as "consistently accurate results." Article also talks about the Zircon kit's accessories (although not sure the kits accessories are worth the extra bucks as I said in post #11).

Me thinks the Pro Tools Review article dd a pretty good job of comparing the products. Also reviewed some of the more expensive breaker finders/circuit tracers; however, some of the cheaper breaker finders also did circuit tracing to a certain degree.

Also saw in another thread that a guy liked Gardner Bender's GET 1200 model: http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/circu...mprobe-141246/

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't just get the Zircon CF-12 model (transmitter and Receiver for about half the price of the Zircon Pro Kit.

Last edited by justplumducky; 06-18-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement