Emt Rain Proof Connectors - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
Lord of Slums

Rewards Points: 1,974

emt rain proof connectors

Why do none of the big box stores carry any sort of water tight 1/2 emt fittings? They only carry concrete tight. Can concrete tight be used in wet location

Pvc does not look good outside. My main question is do they sell pre made offsets for pvc? I do not want to bend pvc unless I have to. I will only use pvc as a last resort.
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 18,808

All of them have water tight fittings.
There glue on, no different or less water tight the the PVC used in your drain lines.
Not sure what you mean by offsets, if your looking for the one that are slightly bent to go to a box mounted to a wall, yes they have those to.
The Gray PVC can be painted with latex paint.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
Licensed electrician

Rewards Points: 3,766

Most people shopping at the big box are not going to use raintight fitting or EMT. Anyone that needs those shops at a supply house.
mj12 (10-20-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 05:05 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 6,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj12 View Post
Why do none of the big box stores carry any sort of water tight 1/2 emt fittings? They only carry concrete tight. Can concrete tight be used in wet location

Pvc does not look good outside. My main question is do they sell pre made offsets for pvc? I do not want to bend pvc unless I have to. I will only use pvc as a last resort.
It is not that they do not. It is that all of the packages get mixed together, from people just throwing them back into a random bin, instead of putting it back where they got them from.

If I cannot get it at the Ace Hardware store near me. I am driving a half mile down to the Electrical wholesaler and they have everything you need. They even have those odd items that have been on the shelf for a couple of years that they never know when someone may walk in and need it.

I always shop local for as much electrical stuff as I can, vs. going to the Big Box store. If I am buying from the Big Box, I am doing a huge project and just want to get everything at one stop.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement