Electrical Outlet Against Concrete - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Electrical outlet against concrete

I'm beginning the electrical phase of my basement project and I've got some questions regarding outlets.

The length is around 10'. I'm planning to put a counter on top to set trays, crock pots, etc. My question is where do I have to place the outlets along the wall? Secondly, can I run a separate 15A 14/2 circuit to feed these outlets or do I have to use 20A 12/2 because it's a "counter top" (NO PLUMBING)?

I prefer the locations in RED because it'll be less of an eye sore. I plan on putting attaching the outlets with concrete anchors and conduit about 12" above the counter. IS there code in this situation on how close they have to be to the counter?

Thanks for the help.

-Brandon
Attached Thumbnails
Electrical outlet against concrete-basement_counter2.jpg  
bphyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement