Downlighting With Least Amount Of Heat? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Downlighting with least amount of heat?

I am about to install some downlighting into a living room and was wondering what kind of options do I have for getting the most amount of light but with the least amount of heat. The room will have 8 downlights, and I would rather do the canned types (not wanting to get into $200+ per light).

Fluorescent is not an option because of interference they cause with some audio stuff I will have plugged in.

Are LED the way to go? I see this on Home Depot ( http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053 ) but I am unsure if this has to be installed first, or if this works with existing canned light enclosures. It looks like it just screws in like a normal bulb, but converts into an LED.

Thanks for your help!

Swaff
swaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement