Circular In Floor Outlet Cover? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 726

Circular in floor outlet cover?

I have a living room that is carpeted in the floor they put two junction boxes which has a two plug outlet in it... the cover on the outlet is a circular plastic cover which has two flip up plug covers.. which is nice for plugging lamps in and such as its right there in the floor where that lamps would be... but I have a problem... one of the plastic ones broke... so I have exposed outlets pointing face up... drop some metal in that and ugh... does anyone know where you can get replacement ones of these? I checked lowes and they looked at me like I was an idiot or something the cover is by Hubbell Wiring devices, but I cant find anything that looks like it

its similar to this http://www.hubbell-wiring.com/Press/PDFS/HSBD001.pdf the round floor boxes in that document, but that one is not like my 12yr old one which is plastic and the outlet covers just flip up, not the hide the plug wire management type they have now... and all I need is a replacement cover...

or is it better just to upgrade those to the newer ones?
BlueBSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Inspector/Instructor

Rewards Points: 250

Check with the Electrical Supply Houses in your area. Should at least be able to order.
codeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement