Buzzing Noise - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 518

Buzzing noise

I'm looking at buying a condo that was built in 2006. They used a Siemens sub panel within the suite. I've noticed that the AFCI breaker for the bedrooms making a buzzing noise when turned on. If I turn on a high draw appliance like the range oven with all 4 burners on, the AFCI makes an increased audible humming/buzzing that intermittently cuts out. Is this normal for this brand? I have moderate residental electrical experience and have installed Cutler Hammer AFCI's without anything noticeable. If I reset it the sound sometimes goes away. A quick google seach for siemens afci buzzing turned up many results with varied opinions, most of which say its "normal".

Also, when I metered the voltage I was getting between 113-115V at any receptacle in the suite. I'm used to seeing 120-122V. Not sure if this is an issue as well.

Last edited by n0c7; 01-14-2010 at 11:09 PM.
n0c7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 518

I'm going to make an offer on this place tomorrow and asking for one of the conditions be subject to repairs. Any takers on what might be the cause or if you've seen these issues?
n0c7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement