Question Re: LENNOX E30 SMART HUB - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-15-2020, 01:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Question re: LENNOX E30 SMART HUB

Hi, i'm new here and desperately need some assistance. I have multiple lennox heat pump and AC systems in the house. THey use the E30 smart hub and thermostat. Yesterday there was a power outage, and when power came back on one thermostat is blank (no power). Others are fine.

I checked house power, all fuses, and it's all good. I checked the mag mount for the thermostat and it is NOT getting 12vDC. I went to the attic to check the E30 smart hub, it has power (24vAC) through the R and C blocks, but there is NO power being sent to the +/- terminals that go to the mag mount for the thermostat (hence, no power at thermo). The smart hub appears to be on, there is one green light (but the comms lights are all dark). I checked the fuse on the E30 and it's still good.

Is this E30 smart hub fried? Need to be replaced? Any help much appreciated! Thank you!
TonyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,210

Re: Question re: LENNOX E30 SMART HUB

A power outage shouldn’t damage the smart hub, especially since it’s getting its power via a 120 VAC to 24 VDC transformer. A significant number of computer problems are solved by simply rebooting, so I suggest that as the first course of action. Use the “Reboot and Commissioning Button” shown on page 5. After it reboots, take a look at the two diagnostic LEDs and compare the colour to the table on page 6 for a better understanding of the status of the unit.
https://resources.lennox.com/fileupl...e_0617.pdf.pdf

Chris
Chris616 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Re: Question re: LENNOX E30 SMART HUB

Thanks Chris616. I've tried everything i can think of. I pulled that same manual and tried to reboot the hub using the reboot button but that doesn't work. The two communication leds do not ever light up. HOwever, the one LED inside (showing it has power) does light up so the board is getting power. I've tried cycling power several times by switching the circuit off/on and by pulling the onboard fuse and replacing. Nothing. The two leds never light up. I am thinking that the hub is bad because no power is being sent to the thermo lugs by the board (and that includes the two leds and the reset button itseld).

I'm at a loss, and i think my best option is to replace the hub, but very much appreciate all the advice and suggestions. Thx.
TonyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement