Question About Wiring A Blower Motor - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 16

Question about wiring a blower motor

HVAC question- Just installed a new Genteq x13 blower fan motor, the high voltage part Is hooked up and fine, but the low voltage has me stumped. The old motor (9yrs old,same style plug) had 2 wires going to The low voltage section, white wire on terminal 4 from thermostat (and also tied in with other white wires Going to heat section) and Blue wire on pin 1 that I traced back to the green wire from the Thermostat, but itís also tied into 24volt common side of the transformer. The diagram on the new motor
Doesnít say anything about 24v common on the 1,2,3,4,5 connections. Should I go from green thermostat wire Straight to one of the fan speed connections or hook it up like it was?

comfortmaker split unit, electric heat, no control board in air handler.thanks
sully2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 36

Re: Question about wiring a blower motor

What's the complete model number of the air handler?
I am not in the business of any trade I give advice on. I have non-professional hvac experience + good knowledge of theory. Attempt repairs at your own risk. Never jump out safeties - especially pressure switches - on a furnace for testing with fuel supply on; use a meter. Do not troubleshoot with live line voltage present unless there's no alternative.
user_12345a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 714

I’ll add the above post, model of the motor you installed?
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #4

air handler- comfort maker product fxm4x3000a1 model fxm4x3000a serial a101785850 also says model wkf-1002(t) new blower motor GENTEQ - 6205E thanks
Old 02-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 36

I'm attached the diagram from the manual and it shows the 24v common on it. It's beside the high voltage power connections.

The power from G goes to a resistor (air handler's schematic) and on the same side of the resistor there's a wire going to the 24v speed tap.

Some power is shunted from the G wired through a resistor to common. The motor's 24v common is connected downstream of the resistor so it has a direct path to common.

I don't know why that resistor to common is there - I would just disconnect it and move the wire connected downstream of the resistor to the wire nut that leads to common.
Attached Thumbnails
Question about wiring a blower motor-ecm-x13.jpg   Question about wiring a blower motor-handler.jpg  
I am not in the business of any trade I give advice on. I have non-professional hvac experience + good knowledge of theory. Attempt repairs at your own risk. Never jump out safeties - especially pressure switches - on a furnace for testing with fuel supply on; use a meter. Do not troubleshoot with live line voltage present unless there's no alternative.
user_12345a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #6

that did the trick, thanks so much for the help. Sully
Sponsored Links
Advertisement