MyInfinity Touch Thermostat - Need Help - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 48

MyInfinity Touch Thermostat - Need Help

Hi,

I have a carrier HVAC system and it has been working well. A few months ago I installed a new MyInfinity Wifi Thermostat. It is very nice. Last night I changed the Mode to Cool from Auto. Now the Auto selection is grayed out and I also noticed that the Schedule feature is also grayed out. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix these issues. I was going to re-set the thermostat but we also had a zone installed last month and the service guy changed a few settings to make the zone work more efficiently since it was a smaller run and I don't want to have to call him back and pay 150.00 to have him put these settings back. These settings were hidden in the service menu - not sure if re-setting will kill these settings and zone names. Thanks in advance and I hope this is an appropriate post.
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 30

Re: MyInfinity Touch Thermostat - Need Help

The Auto setting may be 2 terminals jumped so a person does not have to switch between heat and cool. There may be a jumper or there may be the equivalent using a short piece of wire across 2 terminals. Your manual should propose different wiring schemes. Pay attention to any jumper pics.

Also, it appears 1 schedule was programmed. You may need one for Cool and another for Heat. Maybe assumption was Auto is best for you.
diyorpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyorpay View Post
The Auto setting may be 2 terminals jumped so a person does not have to switch between heat and cool. There may be a jumper or there may be the equivalent using a short piece of wire across 2 terminals. Your manual should propose different wiring schemes. Pay attention to any jumper pics.

Also, it appears 1 schedule was programmed. You may need one for Cool and another for Heat. Maybe assumption was Auto is best for you.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. The funny thing is that all winter the thermostat was set on Auto. Last night I changed one zone to cool only and at that time Auto then became grayed out. Also schedules is grayed out. I would agree with the wiring but it was working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 618

Have you messing with it from your phone or computer, as well as from the thermostat itself? That's all I've got. Good luck.
bfrabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:14 PM   #5

I found the problem. If anyone else has this problem they need go into the menu and find the service hat. Hold your finger on that hat into it turns green. This will open up the service menu. There is an option to enable auto mode. Thanks to all that tried to help. Oh. Not sure how this setting changed all by itself but that's ok, just strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement