Mini Split Manufacturer Purchase Recommendation - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Mini Split Manufacturer Purchase Recommendation

Looking to install a 9,000 /BTU Inverter Mini Split System for my 230sf Man Cave in my 3rd garage. I will install the equipment and wire the outside unit to the disconnect. I will hire an HVAC Contractor to finish the system in order to receive the manufacturer's warranty. I am considering the following systems:

1. Senville SENL-09CD 19 SEER Mini Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump, 9000 BTU 110/120V. $700

2. Daikin 9,000 BTU 17 SEER Wall-Mounted Ductless Mini-Split Inverter Air Conditioner Heat Pump System 15 Ft. Installation Kit & Wall Bracket (230 Volt) 10 Year Limited Warranty. $850

3. Air-Con 9000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner Ductless AC/Heating System - 3/4 Ton Pre-Charged Inverter Heat Pump 22 SEER - 12 Lineset & Wiring - 100% Ready to Install - USA Parts & Support. $800

4. Pioneer Air Conditioner Pioneer 17 SEER Mini Split Minisplit Heatpump 9000 BTU-110/120 V. $730

5. Mr. Cool 9k BTU 19 SEER Advantage Ductless Heat Pump Split System 3rd Generation - 115v. $715

The SEER ratings are somewhat comparable so not a decision item. Price and options included do vary with each model (all listings from Amazon). More interested in personal experience to determine the most reliable manufacturer. Having said this maybe their are all made in the same manufacturing facility in China, lol. Not looking to pay over $1,000 for one of the premium manufactuers as this room will only be used part time. Thank you in advance.
Slice235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2020, 05:20 AM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 456

Re: Mini Split Manufacturer Purchase Recommendation

I did not see where you compared Mitsubishi in the group. It seems to be a pretty good unit, of the ones I have seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2020, 05:30 AM   #3
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 126

Daikin should be made in Texas, since Daikin built that huge plant in Texas 4 or so years ago.

Mr. Cool, or Daikin would be my choice.
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 772

All mostly cheaper DIY brands, save for Daikin.
roughneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 3,338

I can at least speak for the Pioneer in that it's cheap and works great. Very quiet. At 120V it's easily installed with 12 gauge wire, a simple 20 amp breaker, 10 dollar disconnect box. Inexpensive to implement.

That said, any 240V will be a bit more efficient given the same power. Not sure how much that really adds up when we're only talking 9,000 BTU's to begin with. I've heard good things about Daikin. If I had to do mine all over again, I would probably go with them if they had a 120V model.

Just hire a good AC tech to hook it up and get it running. I hired the wrong people, and it has cost me a little. The thing about paying for total installation is that you get them on the hook to make it work. That may be worth it to you.
DIYOkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement