Lennox Whisper Heat G20R Furnace - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Lennox Whisper Heat G20R Furnace

It's cold in Northern Indiana and I can't get the furnace to work! A week ago, the pilot would ignite, the burners would not, then the fan would engage and the pilot would extinguish. This went on for several days. Sometimes the burners would engage, sometimes not. The flame sensor and assembly were cleaned (what a pain to get to, had to grind off the mounting bracket screws). After reassembly, the furnace worked correctly once, the house reached an internal temperature of 68, then did not re-ignite once the temperature dropped. I've turned the thermostat off and turned the power off to the furnace, waited several hours and restarted both. This method worked a couple of times, however now all I'm getting is a "hum". the pilot does not engage. I'd welcome any suggestions. BTW, I am not mechanically inclined and am relying on family for assistance. Side note, I did have an HVAC rep out for an assessment when the initial problem started, but he couldn't find any problems.
Cando4ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,110

Re: Lennox Whisper Heat G20R Furnace

Does the pilot light off and it keeps on sparking? or lights and then there's a loss of flame?

When this happens, you have to check the module for 24v coming in.

If it's getting power, likely an issue with the pilot assembly (burner, sensor, electrode) or module.

Honestly, this is an old furnace and the heat exchanger is very likely cracked on this model. Could be very difficult for the novice to pull and pilot assembly.

can't really clean it well in place, orifice could be blocked, that requires disconnecting pilot line to deal with.
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 6,586

Re: Lennox Whisper Heat G20R Furnace

Is the pilot still blowing out when the blower starts?
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement