Honeywell Prestige IAQ Firmware Changelog - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,236

Honeywell Prestige IAQ firmware changelog

Hi,

Does anyone know where to access the changelog? I'm currently running 03.02.00 but I see 03.04.05 is available.

Thx
bfletcher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2017, 12:26 AM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 864

Re: Honeywell Prestige IAQ firmware changelog

will this help?
https://thermostatsetup.honeywell.co...s/default.aspx
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
FIDO...

Rewards Points: 331

Yeah, it's frustrating that they never post a change log!

A couple/few years ago, I contacted Honeywell about this, and basically got a shrug in response.

I check the update site (Neal linked to it above) every now & then... In my experience, Honeywell averages ~1 update per year, and usually post it sometime early in the calendar year.

I'm running the latest version, and as with every other one of these updates I've done, I haven't noticed any differences at all.

On the one hand, I guess that's a good thing... But if there are any new features or capabilities getting added, it would sure be great to know what those are!
Chris130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #4

I own one of the Prestige stats but I'm currently running the Ecobee 3. There were a couple or three minor user interface interactions that irritated me but I'm not going to wire it up just to see if anything changed, lol.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #5
FIDO...

Happened to check today and ver 04.00.00.00 is out now...

That's a pretty big version number jump from the previous one!

Gadzooks, I REALLY wish Honeywell would publish some sort of change-log for this stuff...

I'm about to do the update right now, but I have no idea what it brings to the fight... Arggh!
Old 10-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #6

Just when I was able to let it go and stop pondering what changes may have been implemented you tease me with this, lol.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 80

That's very typical for any industry outside of IT. More so for the HVAC arena. They will also be in the stone ages comparatively.

Don't forget however, 99% of users will never care what changed. They won't even care if they get an update, unless something was seriously broken.

Cheers!
Chris130 likes this.
supers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris130 View Post
I'm about to do the update right now, but I have no idea what it brings to the fight...
Of curiosity, does it still utilize a thumbwheel password entry mode? Obviously it didn't affect functionality but that drove me crazy rather than having a true numpad, lol.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:40 AM   #9
FIDO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supers05 View Post
That's very typical for any industry outside of IT. More so for the HVAC arena. They will also be in the stone ages comparatively.

Don't forget however, 99% of users will never care what changed. They won't even care if they get an update, unless something was seriously broken.

Cheers!
Indeed, you are spot-on with all of that!

Heck, I'd venture to say that nearly all owners of this system (resi or commercial) don't even know that the update capability exists at all and haven't ever done an update since the original install.

Honeywell doesn't offer any "push" delivery or even auto-notification of these updates when they come out (which isn't often - maybe once or twice a year), so they must not be anything major.

After I installed ver 4 yesterday afternoon, I went through a few menus to check it out, and I haven't notice any obvious differences so far.

Which is A-OK by me - this system has truly been flawless for me since I self-installed it years ago - I'm very happy with its reliability and performance.

But I'm a details nerd, so I likes me a nice change log when an update rolls out
Old 10-06-2017, 05:47 AM   #10
FIDO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfletcher7 View Post
Of curiosity, does it still utilize a thumbwheel password entry mode? Obviously it didn't affect functionality but that drove me crazy rather than having a true numpad, lol.
Yep, that thumbwheel-style code-entry system is still in use
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris130 For This Useful Post:
bfletcher7 (10-06-2017)
Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 18

so i know this is an old thread.. but maybe someone has email notifications turned on.. I updated to 4.0 about a year ago I think.. nothing really changed that I could tell.. however, now - when I try to change the date / time, nothing happens when I touch that part of the screen. I know that part of the screen is good as it works in other menus.. its just that when I touch the date/time... its supposed to take me to the date / time adjust, but it has no effect.

anyone have any thoughts or is anyone who is on 4.0 have the same experience?

thanks
jimtressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #12
FIDO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtressler View Post
so i know this is an old thread.. but maybe someone has email notifications turned on.. I updated to 4.0 about a year ago I think.. nothing really changed that I could tell.. however, now - when I try to change the date / time, nothing happens when I touch that part of the screen. I know that part of the screen is good as it works in other menus.. its just that when I touch the date/time... its supposed to take me to the date / time adjust, but it has no effect.

anyone have any thoughts or is anyone who is on 4.0 have the same experience?

thanks
Just tried this (I'm on 4.0 too), and same experience - no response when pressed. Strange! I'll try sending them a message... I'm not holding my breath on a response, but who knows.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #13

so heres what I did.. pulled it off the wall and removed the battery.. let it sit for 10 minutes.. reinstalled battery and put stat back on the wall.. came back saying battery needed replaced and wanted me to set date and time. then it said if you just installed the battery to ignore the battery message. I set the date and time. It also retained all of the programming and the online tcc portal still works. For the past 2 days I have been able to touch date and time and it was worked.. so maybe that did it.. but I suspect I will lose access to it again at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimtressler For This Useful Post:
Chris130 (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
FIDO...

That worked for me too - thanks for the tip! Good to know for future use.

If I ever hear back from my message to HW, I'll update the thread here.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #15

actually heard back from honeywell / resiedo.. and their solution was what I did.. but what was interesting.. I am connected via the redlink and my account info is correct.. so perhaps something on 04.00.00.00 caused the issue and a reboot fixed it...

"Thank you for the response. This thermostat has the ability to connect to the internet using the RedLINK Internet Gateway. If you are using this feature, the time is set automatically based on your My Total Connect Comfort account settings.

If you are not using the internet gateway, then it is possible that a gateway was connected to the thermostat in the past and that this connection needs to be cleared. To start, if you remove the thermostat from the wall you should see a coin cell battery in the back of the thermostat. Please remove this battery for 30 seconds; after re-inserting the battery and placing the thermostat on the wall you should now be able to change the time. If you are still unable to change the time, please reply to this email.

Thank you,

Resideo Customer Care
The Following User Says Thank You to jimtressler For This Useful Post:
Chris130 (10-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement