Yard Drainage Question. First Post - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Yard drainage question. First post

Hi all,

First post on this site for me. Just curious what you all think.

I recently purchased a M98 pump and had a question about the use. I have a rain water problem in the back yard. So I created a system to try to over come it or decrease it some. What I have is a catch basin that collects water and delivers the water via a 4" pipe to an underground sump. The sump basin is 50 gallons in size with the M98 sitting on a concrete block about 4" from the bottom. The sump has holes bored in it so it can drain remaining water through a 2X2X2' gravel bed underneath. The M98 is connected to 1.5" PVC with a check valve ~ 4" above pump and a weep hole on that pipe, then it goes up another inch to a 90* turn and out through 1.5" PVC to the road ~40' which run very slightly up hill (about 2" over the span).

My observation is that during heavy rain the pump will run continuously for say 2 hours and then as the rain subsides, the pump will short cycle coming on every minute or so for about 30 seconds.

This is the second M98 I have had installed in this system, ecause the first one quit after two rain storm. I am chalking the first one up to just defective at least that's what I am telling myself....

The question is will these long run times and short cycling effect the life of the pump and if so do you know of a better way to set this up?
SmokeyJoe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement