What Type Of Inground Sprinkler Head Should I Purchase? - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 22

What type of inground sprinkler head should I purchase?

I'm going to be adding an inground sprinkler head below where the red dot is (I can only add one, and cannot add two). I'd like to have this area of my yard waterered without soaking the brick/sand patio.

Are there any sprinkler heads that spray a certain distance when facing forward and can increase in distance as they turn? If so, can you recommend them? I'd love to not miss 4 feet of grass to the left and right by setting it to only spray 13 feet.

If you have any other suggestions that may help my situation, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Last edited by TJLongIslandNY; 05-01-2017 at 04:20 PM.
TJLongIslandNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 818

Re: What type of inground sprinkler head should I purchase?

There is no normal sprinkler head that will water an area that shape. There are some pop up heads that will do a rectangular shaped area. You may want to look at some of them. It is a website you can look at to get some idea what's available: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/La...rts-s/7728.htm
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 122

Re: What type of inground sprinkler head should I purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
There is no normal sprinkler head that will water an area that shape. There are some pop up heads that will do a rectangular shaped area.
I agree with the above quote. Why can you only install 1 head?

I usually install my pop up heads 10' apart or so that each head waters each head. It appears your shape is narrow in the center because of the arched patio. So for an area like yours I'd probably space the heads even shorter together and then turn down the flow to prevent water spraying all over the fence and patio. I'd probabll install 8 heads, one 1/4 spray in each corner and then four 1/2 sprays, two on on the patio side and two on the fence side.
Joeycarnuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement