Weeds In Pachysandra - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FrillyLily

Old 06-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 16

Weeds in Pachysandra

Hello all,

I have these plants growing in my pachysandra (pictures below). Are these weeds? If so, what type of is it and what is the best way to remove them? Thank you any advise offered!
Attached Thumbnails
Weeds in Pachysandra-pachysandra_weed_1.jpg   Weeds in Pachysandra-pachysandra_weed_2.jpg   Weeds in Pachysandra-pachysandra_weed_3.jpg  
lsbruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 202

Re: Weeds in Pachysandra

Those are not weeds. It is a desirable plant. Well, if you want it that is! They are not invasive, they do spread though, they root fairly shallow and you can dig them up and move them to where you want. Full sun, or part shade, they may even grow in quite a bit of shade. They get purple flowers on them. They are semi evergreen here. I love mine.

https://garden.org/plants/view/77603...ari-Variegata/
Nik333 likes this.
FrillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrillyLily For This Useful Post:
lsbruva (06-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 16

Re: Weeds in Pachysandra

Thank you so much Frilly! I will dig them up and plant in an open area. Much appreciated!
lsbruva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Liriope is typically used as a border plant. I have tons of them as a border in my front yard. They are hard to kill and spread like crazy once well established, even into the lawn.They are easy to transplant and easy to split up the bulbs. I would think carefully about where you want to place them because they will spread/encroach on all other plants around them.
Pagevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement