Waterproofing Membrane Installation Against Sloped Foundation - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By homeimproverjoe
  • 1 Post By Bondo

Old 04-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 616

Waterproofing membrane installation against sloped foundation

Pics included below for illustration. Before I attach the waterproofing membrane to the wall, I want to solicit some advice.

This area will be filled with dirt to near the top of the black membrane that I have laid in position where it will eventually be fastened to the wall. I will be laying a french drain at the bottom of the membrane running to the end of the house to daylight. Should I cut the membrane flush with the ground level or should I create a crease and lay the gravel and french drain on top of it?

I'm planning on fastening the membrane to the wall prior to moving to the french drain project. Just need some advice before proceeding. Thanks in advance. Pics below....

Last edited by homeimproverjoe; 04-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.
homeimproverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,344

Re: Waterproofing membrane installation against sloped foundation

Ayuh,.... I don't think it'll matter a 'ell of alot, either way,...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 616

Thanks. Kinda my thoughts too. Appreciate the feedback. Obviously if I can just lay the gravel and drain on top of the folded membrane material, enclosed in some weed block to keep debris from the gravel, it's a much simpler (easy on the back) install than the alternative of cutting the membrane and digging a trench to hold the drain gravel.

BTW, I noticed you preface all of your replies with "Ayuh,....". I suppose it's just your way of talking or does it have a specific meaning?
Nik333 likes this.

Last edited by homeimproverjoe; 04-09-2017 at 03:43 PM.
homeimproverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,344

Quote:
BTW, I noticed you preface all of your replies with "Ayuh,....". I suppose it's just your way of talking or does it have a specific meaning?
Ayuh,.... It's the dialect of my home, Downeast Maine,..

Been a Maineiac in exile over here in far northern Ny for 40 years, but they still tell me I talk funny,....
homeimproverjoe likes this.
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement