Vine Removal Help - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 825

Vine removal help

I have an invasive vine that is growing into the backyard trees. Trying to identify it so I can have a plan to remove it. I was thinking of cutting the main trunk of the vine and it would die in the tree. Its all over the backyard fence so need to clean it up somehow.
Attached Thumbnails
Vine removal help-vine-tree1.jpg   Vine removal help-vine-tree1a.jpg   Vine removal help-vine-tree2.jpg   Vine removal help-vine1.jpg  
greentrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,572

Re: Vine removal help

Yes, the growth the trunk is supporting will die, then when/if new growth appears treat the leaves with Glyphosate to kill the plant. If that on the fence isn't close to plants that need to be protected, either on your side or a neighbor's side, I would spray with a light mist of Glyphosate then swab with an upright broom like a buck deer threshing with his antlers during the rut , while the Glyphosate is wet, which will give a lot greater coverage to the vulnerable bottom side of the leaves.

Very little is required as this unwanted Walnut tree was killed, as a test, with 1 drop swabbed on each leaf with a sponge and backer board. Allow 10-14 days to see results. Sometimes good things take a little longer.
Attached Images

SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 825

Wow. That is a crazy result using Glyphosate. If I spray the vine on the fence, will the branches of the vine also wither away? Or do I need to chop it up with a branch cutter?

I will spray this week and wait a few weeks to see what happens.
greentrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 02:41 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,572

The dead woody stems will remain, to be disposed of, as they would with any method when killing the roots.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement