Which Type Of Grass - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 54

Which Type of Grass

Hi I just moved into a new built house and I dont know which grass we have at home.

I asked few people from building company some said its bermuda and some said some other names. We are in Dallas TX

I have taken few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Type of Grass-1554.jpg   Which Type of Grass-1555.jpg   Which Type of Grass-1556.jpg   Which Type of Grass-1557.jpg  
panthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 12:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,294

I don't live in Texas but found a very complete article on Bermuda grass. It tends to die if it's too cold. Since there is such weird weather, I guess you will just have to see. You can buy a little soil test kit at a hardware store if you want to amend the soil since you're starting out new. Have fun! http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/a...s/Bermuda.html]
I know in California, it's used to provide an easy, pretty grass but then usually dies off.

Last edited by Nik333; 11-10-2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: forgot
Nik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 12:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 6,652

All lawns are going to have a mix of certain percentages of different grass variety. Being that you are in Texas, you are going to see more drought resistant grass in lawns.

Your best option to do is call a local Weed & Feed place and have them do an assessment on what grass varieties you have, along with the soil.

You do not have to use them. But it gives you an idea of what you have, then decide if you need them for the first year to help make the lawn look better.

I had to go with a local place, because I could not get the stupid Wild Violet out of my lawn, no matter how hard that we tried.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 9,346

It's green. And the problem is?

Welcome to DIY Chatroom

I used to live there. It's either Bermuda, or Rye. It's been so long I don't remember which is which. If it gets brown when it gets cold, I believe that will be your Bermuda. The Rye tends to stay greener longer......I think.

Most people there run St Augustine.....or weeds

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
gregzoll (11-10-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement