Troubleshooting Sprinkler System - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SPS-1

Old 05-24-2019, 02:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 130

Troubleshooting Sprinkler System

While I was on vacation, my sprinkler system stopped working. The system is feed by a well that is only hooked to the sprinkler system. The controller appears to still be working and triggering the solenoids, I can hear them coming on. I'm getting power to the pump and can hear it hum but don't know if it's actually pumping water. There is not a faucet connected to the system that I can use to see if there is water being pumped from the well. How would you go about troubleshooting this and determining what the problem is?
Thanks!
mrlabradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 04:59 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 7,540

Re: Troubleshooting Sprinkler System

All sprinkler valves can be manually operated. Some you rotate the solenoid, others have a knob to turn. Look up your model of valve to be sure. If you open the valve manually, and no water comes out of the head, then the solenoid is not getting water.
mrlabradog likes this.
SPS-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 130

Re: Troubleshooting Sprinkler System

OK, just went out and tried that. Even saw the markings on the solenoids that I had missed, lol. I gots no water, apparently. Could the pump sound like it's running and still not work? I have checked and know for sure it's getting voltage and can hear it "run" and feel vibration. Could it be in the impeller part of the pump? After doing some research, I believe I have a jet type pump with a centrifugal type pump. The motor was made by Marathon and the pump is a Griswold if that helps.
mrlabradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement