Trimmer Line Issues - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 168

Trimmer Line issues

I have a Homelite. It is auto/tap feed.
When installing line, I am supposedto thread the line thru the head so equal amounts on each side, and then turn dial on head to draw tag ends in closer.
I can do this fine, however, the line continually goes back inside the head.
And yes, I am turning the dial on the head the correct direction, as it is the only direction in the the dial turns.
giddyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,190

Re: Trimmer Line issues

Sorry, I don't know anything about the homelite trimmer. I have a kawasaki and a troy built. I have two buttons at the bottom of the head that I can push in that enables me to advance the line in either direction, keeping the line from going back into the head. Don't know about homelite.

Google your owners manual if you don't have one, check out utube videos or call the manufacture and ask them. The information you seek should be there, or it's possible somethings broken causing your issue. Just a thought.

Hope you get it figured out soon.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement