Stone Foundation For Driveway - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

Stone foundation for driveway

The house I just purchased has just a grass driveway in front of the detached garage on the rear of my property. Naturally this has turned into mud with the rain/snow and makes a mess inside my garage as well as out.

I contacted a local contractor and he said I should put down geotextile then 4-5 inches of (medium) crusher run stone. Does that sound accurate?

Also, being the start of spring (sort of) in northern New York should I wait until summer for proper conditions or does it not matter when I do it?

Thanks.
sparadis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparadis23 View Post
The house I just purchased has just a grass driveway in front of the detached garage on the rear of my property. Naturally this has turned into mud with the rain/snow and makes a mess inside my garage as well as out.

I contacted a local contractor and he said I should put down geotextile then 4-5 inches of (medium) crusher run stone. Does that sound accurate?

Also, being the start of spring (sort of) in northern New York should I wait until summer for proper conditions or does it not matter when I do it?

Thanks.
Ayuh,.... I'd wait atleast til May, 'n go with more like a foot of crushed stone, over fabric,...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement