Stacked Stone Retention Wall - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

stacked stone retention wall

Anybody try this themselves? I'd like to do a small one, 9 inches tall at the highest. I assume this wouldn't be that hard to pull off on my own, but wanted to get any tips that might be had on this board.
Attached Images

HHac8014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Not hard at all. But you should level the stretch of dirt you want to lay the stone then use a crushed lime stone as a base and possibly use a small amount of mortar between the stones so they don't shift and fall over. Even though it's 9" tall you don't want to hassle with that ever year.
Ross3402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHac8014 View Post
Anybody try this themselves? I'd like to do a small one, 9 inches tall at the highest. I assume this wouldn't be that hard to pull off on my own, but wanted to get any tips that might be had on this board.

start with the bigger pieces you can find and place them a few feet apart. then in fill the gap. You may want to mortar the last row as they will be the one to move first over time.
nicksab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement