Sprinkler Valve Leaking - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

Sprinkler valve leaking

Not sure if I should post this in here or plumbing. Anyway, today I went to do my spring startup. Turned on the main water valve to the sprinklers then turned on each sprinkler zone valve. When I did that three out of the seven valves started leaking. I was trying to google to see what could be the problem. Would changing the sprinkler diaphragm in it stop the leak? It's not leaking from the pipe just inside the valve. I'm going to try to clean it before i buy one since I read that could be an issue also. Any suggestions. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Sprinkler valve leaking-img_1573_1492480907991.jpg  
pisano772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 4,650

Re: Sprinkler valve leaking

You should be able to find rebuild kits that include all the parts and pieces.

That valve looks serviceable in this case and it is likely O-Ring from the center of that solenoid if it is leaking from the center of that body.
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 122

Re: Sprinkler valve leaking

[QUOTEWould changing the sprinkler diaphragm in it stop the leak? It's not leaking from the pipe just inside the valve. Any suggestions. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It depends on where it's leaking from. If it's dry on top of the valve but wet on the bottom then is probably the diaphragm seal. But if it's wet on top then it's usually a bad seal, either at the solenoid or the bleed screw.
Joeycarnuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement